"It's not where you take things from -
it's where you take them to."
-- Jean-Luc Goddard
These days I enjoy being a 'locavore' and primarily have my ceramics for sale in San Francisco close to where they are made.
- My Studio - I am very fortunate to have my own work space at Ruby's Clay Studio (after being on a wait list for almost eight years!) where I create my ceramic art. It is a tiny spot -- and I love it. Natural light by day, a cosy nook in the evening. Now I have vessels in progress and finished forms together. You are welcome to visit … and let me know if you'd like a tour to see how ceramics are made and fired. The studio is in the Castro neighborhood of San Francisco and easy to reach by public transportation. For a virtual visit, go to www.rubysclaystudio.org.
- Local Take - This San Francisco boutique showcases the work of Bay Area artists and designers. My newest condiment bowls, vases and serving trays are beautifully displayed for sale. Local Take - www.localtakesf.com - is a great place for locals and visitors to find special gifts.
- Etsy: I am part of the fabulous SF Bay Area Etsy Street team which has occasional shows, meet-ups and a great blog - www.sfetsy.blogspot.com. In addition, I have a modest selection of vessels in my Etsy shop -- www.etsy.com/shop/TheCuriousPotter -- that can be shipped at minimal cost.
- City Art Gallery - I am an exhibiting member at this coop gallery in the Mission and show there occasionally. The gallery is open Wednesdays through Sundays noon - 9 pm, and on the first Friday of each month there is a lively reception welcoming casual and serious visitors. For details, check out www.cityartgallery.org.
- Instagram - Images of my newest pieces, usually hot out of a kiln, make their way to Instagram every week or so. Please follow me: www.instagram.com/thecuriouspotter/. And, if you want something you see, let me know asap.