"If you have an apple and I have an apple, and we exchange these apples, then you and I will still each have one apple.
But if you have an idea and I have an idea -- and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
-- George Bernard Shaw
I am grateful for information about ceramics, design and ideas from generous and creative sources that feed my curiosity for learning more. The following are among my favorites.
- ClayArt - http://lists.clayartworld.com - A fabulous English language email forum for potters and ceramicists moderated by Mel Jacobson with participation by 3,000+ artists worldwide and a great archive for research.
- Robert Genn Twice-Weekly Letter - http://www.thepainterskeys.com - A free, illustrated newsletter for painters and other artists about the creative life .
- A-Word-A-Day - www.wordsmith.org - A free daily source about words, literature and ideas that reaches more than a million linguaphiles in at least 200 countries.
- Ceramics Arts Daily - http://ceramicartsdaily.org - A free newsletter with articles and video clips about ceramic techniques from the publishers of Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated.
- Ruby's Clay Studio - www.rubysclaystudio.org - My home away from home in San Francisco serving more than 100 ceramic artists with studio space, classes and gallery exhibits.
- Third Avenue Clay - http://www.thirdavenueclay.com- A wonderful, intimate learning studio in Brooklyn.
- Greenwich House Pottery - http://www.greenwichhousepottery.org - A large studio with year-round classes in Manhattan.
- Finding One's Way with Clay - by Paulus Berenson
- Handbuilding Ceramic Forms - by Elsbeth S. Woody
- A Potter's Workbook - by Clary Illian
- Art and Fear - by David Bayles and Ted Orland
- The Creative Habit - by Twyla Tharp
- The Studio Potter Magazine - http://www.studiopotter.org